BRIEF CHRONOLOGY: the Life of Anna Kingsford
– Born Annie Bonus 5pm Sept. 16, 1846 at Stratford, Essex, England.
– Wrote first book, Beatrice: a Tale of the Early Christians;
– Death of father.
– Marries Algernon Godfrey Kingsford.
– Daughter Eadith born; writes stories for the Penny Post
– Owns and edits The Lady’s Own Paper.
– Begins her study of Medicine in London; corresponds with Edward Maitland.
– First meeting with Edward Maitland and beginning of their collaboration in
esoteric studies; begins medical course in Paris.
– Ten year period of “dream-visions” begins.
– Gains her Doctorate of Medicine.
– Studies the esoteric with Edward Maitland in the British Museum;
gives lectures in London.
– Lectures published as The Perfect Way; or, the Finding of Christ.
– Becomes President of the London Lodge of the Theosophical Society;
campaigns against vivisection in Switzerland and Scotland; disagreement with
– Meets Helena Blavatsky; forms the Hermetic Society.
– “All manner of lectures, at homes, calls and engagements, literary and
medical work” (Diary).
– Goes to Europe for health, but to no avail.
– Goes to the Riviera and Italy for health; July returns to London; health
– Soul released from body 22 Feb. Age 41 years, 5 months. Mother dies in
Sections: General Index
Present Section: Index